At Royal Crown College our Business ESL program is designed to help our students stay ahead in the competitive business world we live in today.
Our world is rapidly evolving with daily advancements in technology and in the way we communicate with one another. Our goal is to provide students with the necessary skills to work and communicate in a multicultural business environment, as well as confidently handle personal and business situations.
Communication skills will be improved by:
- Building their vocabulary through reading, speaking and writing activities. They will be introduced to new words and phrases that can be used in any business setting.
- Improving their listening skills through different listening activities and by refining their pronunciation – sound, intonation.
- Practising their speaking through daily dialogues, role- plays and guided conversation.
- Learning different forms of communicating: writing emails, memos, letters, blogs
- Providing students with tools to compete in the job market through interview preparation, resume writing, personal image
- Students will also have an opportunity to put into practise what they learn through dynamic individual / group projects and activities outside of the classroom.
Tuition fee: 14 400$
Duration: 32 weeks
Books Estimate: 520$
Start Date: Each Month
Sandra L. Costa
Sandra L. Costa is the ESL Teacher and Program Coordinator at Royal Crown College. She holds a Bachelor of Arts & Science from the University of Toronto (English Literature / Minor in Spanish Language & Literature) and is a graduate of the School of Media Studies at Humber College. Although she was focused on pursuing a career in journalism, teaching became her new passion.
Sandra is TESOL Certified and has taught ESL both privately and for a language school overseas. Her students have come from all different cultures and backgrounds. In 2016, Sandra was a Career Colleges Ontario Nominee for Excellence In Teaching. When teaching, her goal is to give students a greater understanding of the course material through in-class lessons and outside experiences. She believes learning should be fun. She pushes her students to do their best and gain a new sense of confidence. She is their biggest cheerleader. There is nothing more rewarding than to see students grow both academically and as individuals, and knowing she had a part in that. Sandra is committed to giving her students a comfortable learning environment and has an open door policy – she is there for her students whether to help them with course material or something personal.
Sandra speaks Portuguese, Spanish, French, and some Japanese. She has worked as a Portuguese Interpreter and is very proud of her Portuguese heritage. In her free time, Sandra enjoys reading, theatre and foreign language films, listening to music, and travel. She is actively involved with fundraising for different charities such as the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, The Toronto Humane Society, The Scott Mission, and the Toronto Pearson Airport Propeller Project.
High School Diploma
Passing Entrance Test (Scholastic)